Zynga and Heifer International partner to make the holidays brighter
For the second year in a row, Zynga is spreading goodwill and holiday cheer with its Oh, What Fun! in-game charitable campaign. This year, Zynga is joining forces with Heifer International, a global nonprofit organization working to empower millions of people to raise themselves up from poverty to prosperity by providing multiplying sources of food and income such as livestock, seeds, trees and training in sustainable farming.
From December 2 to December 31, players can contribute directly through in-game purchases within participating games — with 100 percent of Zynga’s share of the purchase price going directly to Heifer International. For as little as $1, players can purchase holiday goods, power packs and participate in themed quests, all in support of two Heifer International initiatives: the Seeds of Change project in Arkansas and the Smallholder Dairy Development Project in Malawi. In an exciting twist, this year the first $400,000 in player contributions will be matched $1 for $1 by a generous donor – meaning a players in-game giving will be doubled this holiday season.
The 2013 Oh, What Fun! campaign will roll out over the next four weeks in eight Zynga games: CityVille, CastleVille, Pioneer Trail, Bubble Safari, Ayakashi, Hidden Shadows, Zynga Poker and ChefVille, enabling millions of Zynga players to be “good gamers” and contribute directly to the cause when playing their favorite Zynga games on their computer, tablet or mobile.
Zynga’s mission is to connect the world through games and through Zynga.org it’s demonstrating that games can be a force for social good. To-date, Zynga players have raised nearly $20 million dollars through more than 150 in-game social impact campaigns benefiting a range of results-driven nonprofit organizations around the world.
Following are details on how Zynga games are participating in Oh, What Fun! this year and how players can get in on the giving fun.
- From December 2 to December 9, 2013, Ayakashi players can go on the hunt for special, discounted Gold packs benefitting Heifer International. The three packs are available for $1 for 160 Gold, $4 for 525 Gold and $7 for 900 Gold.
- From December 7 to December 13, 2013, sleuths can seek out new clues and 10 limited edition energy packs, ranging from 30 Silver to 300 Silver.
- From December 12 to December 26, 2013, Zynga Poker players can ante up and opt in to Poker’s Helping Hands program, contributing up to 15 percent of their winnings to a group pot with a goal of reaching 2 trillion chips. If the goal is reached, Heifer International will get $100,000!
- Deck the halls from December 10 to December 24, 2013, with animal decorations celebrating Heifer International’s work. Players can get a pink goat (5 City Cash), a soft alpaca (10 City Cash) and a heart cow (15 City Cash).
- Enrich your castle and medieval landscape with three Heifer International animals: goat (20 Crowns), buffalo (100 Crowns) and llama (200 Crowns) from December 11 to December 16, 2013.
- Help Bubbles the monkey pop his way through the holidays from December 2 to December 16, 2013, and save the limited edition Heifer International animals by purchasing four packages of power-ups, energy and currency. Prices range from 20 Safari Cash to 100 Safari Cash.
- Bring the holidays to your homestead from December 5 to December 31, 2013, with a holiday gift crate (120 Horseshoes), giving tree (360 Horseshoes) and a Heifer helper (600 Horseshoes).
- Get cookin’ by purchasing early access to ChefVille’s Winter Wonderland expansion from December 2 through December 5, 2013, and receive bonus items such as a penguin snow globe to help harvest torches, a decorative piece for Chef Bello and 10 candy canes crops, all for 140 Chef Cash.
For more information on Heifer International and the Oh, What Fun! campaign visit: http://www.heifer.org/campaign/zynga.html