Give the gift of play this holiday season
Today we’re proud to kick off a very special giving campaign just in time for the holiday season. Oh, What Fun!, an in-game charitable drive benefitting Toys for Tots, goes live today in Zynga games, bringing the gift of play to less fortunate children across the United States. From November 28, 2012 to December 31, 2012, players will be able to contribute directly through in-game purchases within participating games — with 100 percent of the purchase price going directly to Toys for Tots.
Featured in nine of Zynga’s favorite games, including Words With Friends and FarmVille, the campaign marks Toys for Tots’ first major digital fundraising program, enabling millions of Zynga players to contribute directly to the cause by playing their favorite Zynga games from their computers, tablets and mobile devices.
Oh, What Fun! is the latest campaign that enables Zynga players to easily contribute to causes they care about through Zynga games. Players have made 2.5 million contributions to charitable organizations while playing Zynga games. To date, Zynga.org has raised more than $13 million through 75 in-game social impact campaigns benefiting a range of results-driven nonprofit organizations, from international relief agencies responding to disasters like the Haiti earthquake and Japan tsunami, to organizations working to help those in need around the world. The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation is a not-for-profit organization authorized by the U.S. Marine Corps to provide fundraising and other necessary support for the annual U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. Now in its 65th year, Toys for Tots provides joy and a message of hope to less fortunate children through the gift of a new toy or book during the Christmas holiday season. To learn more about Toys for Tots, visit:http://www.toysfortots.org
The Oh, What Fun! campaign will be rolling out over the next five weeks in the following games: CityVille, CastleVille, Words With Friends, Pioneer Trail, Bubble Safari, Draw Something and FarmVille. For as little as $1, players will be able to purchase holiday-themed goods, power packs, participate in themed quests and contribute through mobile text donations. Check out these festive features and limited-edition in-game items, available throughout the holiday season, each benefiting Toys for Tots:
- Farmers send your neighbors some holiday cheer with the cheer-ewe-up horse ($1) and in return receive a festive holiday teddy tree to decorate your farm.
- Availability: Pastures are open for grazing from November 28 to December 5, 2012.
- Deck your city halls by completing toy crafting quests where you make, wrap and sell gifts to kids for the holiday, prices range from $1 to $10.
- Availability: Toy shop is open from November 30 to December 31, 2012.
- Bedazzle your castle and medieval landscape with three sparkling animated holiday accents: candy cane ($1), snow villa ($5) or royal tower ($15).
- Availability: The fairy tale runs from November 29 to December 31, 2012.
- In between your triple word scores send a text message from your mobile phone to donate to Toys for Tots. Text keyword TOTS to 501501 to donate $5* or GIFTto donate $10**.
- Availability: Tell all your friends to text from December 1 to December 31, 2012.
- In between creating your masterpiece, make a donation to Toys for Tots by sending a text message! Send keyword TOYS to 501501 to donate $5* or text JOYto donate $10**.
- Availability: The art show is open from December 1 to December 31, 2012.
- Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell Pop! Pop your way through the holidays with Bubbles the monkey by purchasing three packages of power-ups, energy, and currency, prices range from $1 to $20.
- Availability: Keep the bubbles popping from December 5 to December 31, 2012.
- Discover and open a Toys for Tots mystery box for six possible critters to purchase, prices range from $4 to $5.
- Availability: The trail-loop runs December 17 to December 31, 2012.
- Mobsters, start your engines! Expand your criminal empire by getting the remote control car RC Superbug! (prices range from $3-$150)
- Availability: Turf open for corruption December 22 through December 28, 2012.
- Hey good lookin’…in between cookin’ your holiday recipes contribute $5 to Toys for Tots and collect a holiday teddy bear for your restaurant.
- Availability: Restaurant opens December 12 through December 19, 2012.
- Something new is on the menu – We’re serving up three festive packages that include a range of Café Cash, a snowman waiter and a Santa suit stove. (prices range from $2 – $40)
- Availability: The Café is open to the world, December 18 through December 25, 2012.
Zynga.org’s mission is to help make the world a better place through games. Zynga.org works closely with Zynga Inc. and other game makers to promote and facilitate the use of social games for positive social impact. Zynga.org has inspired more than 1 million players to contribute more than $13 million through Zynga games. These funds have supported the work of dozens of results-driven nonprofits worldwide, including partners like Direct Relief International, Save the Children, Habitat for Humanity, KaBOOM!, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Water.org, Wildlife Conservation Society, and World Food Programme. To learn more about Zynga.org, visit http://www.zynga.org.
Zynga and Facebook will donate 100% of purchase price to benefit the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. Players’ purchases are not tax-deductible. Promotion dates may vary.